Moonlight Head Road Wattle Hill
A picture postcard beach that is a fitting end to the effort required to reach it. Presided over by the imposing bulk of Moonlight Head the sand gives way to a tessellated green sandstone platform that may be explored in calm conditions and low tides.
The highly photographable anchors of the Marie Gabrielle and Fiji provide haunting reminders of the power of the ocean and the Shipwreck History woven into the very fabric of the coast.
Caution: Access to the anchors is pinched off during high tide and in all tides in big sea conditions. Knowledge of local sea condition and tides is essential. Limited access, open sea conditions and submerged reef make this beach unsuitable for swimming in all conditions.
- Turn off the Great Ocean Road 34km east of Port Campbell at the Moonlight Head sign
- A 4.5 km rough gravel road track will bring you to the Wreck Beach Car Park, 366 steps from the car park will deliver you onto the beach.
- The anchor of the Marie Gabrielle is viewable 400m to the west of the steps
- The anchor of the Fiji is viewable 650m to the west of the steps
Physical Address and GPS Coordinates
- Moonlight Head Road, Wattle Hill
- Lat: -38.75881592481287
- Lng: 143.2210350036621