Great Ocean Road Port Campbell
This site is often spectacular in the afternoon when the formations to the east are bathed in a warm golden light. The walkway descending down to the platform offers an unusual perspective back towards the 12 Apostles. The more famous stacks can be viewed standing boldly against the cliff line they were carved from.
The Arch perches precariously mounted on a harder rock platform proud of the water in small to medium swell. In large swells its formation becomes more evident as waves mount the platform, thick heavy tomes gliding sleekly through the opening and cascading out the other side.
- Length: 320m return from car park
- Time: 20 minutes
- There are no designated accessible car parking spaces at the Arch
- The car park is unsuitable for caravans
- The walking track to the viewing platforms is sealed but the fairly steep gradient from the first viewing platform to the second makes it difficult for prams and wheelchairs
Physical Address and GPS Coordinates
- Great Ocean Road, 5km west of Port Campbell
- Lat: -38.623341719678
- Lng: 142.943716049194