Naroghid Road Camperdown
Please be advised that water samples collected on Friday 27th January by DELWP have detected blue green algae concentrations above safe levels at Lake Bullen Merri.
Warning signs have been erected.
The most up to date advice can be found on the following website. http://www.corangamite.vic.gov.au/index.php/council-services/environmental-management/blue-green-algae-current-advice
Find your own space on this crystal clear volcanic lake on the southern outskirts of town. Bullen Merri`s clover like shape is a legacy of its volcanic past; the lake was formed from the remains of three adjoining craters. Dark volcanic sands frame the beautiful waterway providing a wonderful venue for picnicking, walking, boating, fishing, water skiing and swimming. Visit on the weekends for a hive of local activity or take some time out midweek to listen to the lapping of waves on her ancient shores.
- Trail Length: 3.5km one way 7.0km return (South Beach to Park Lane)
- Time: 1 - 3 hours
- Accessible parking at South Beach
- Fully Accessible toilets located at South Beach Reserve
- Accessible fishing platform for those wanting to cast a line
- Narrow gravel road that is suitable on wheel and foot, some vehicle access.
- No footpath between Park Lane at the northern end and the Botanical Gardens – pedestrians take care
Physical Address and GPS Coordinates
- Naroghid Road, Camperdown, 3260
- Lat: -38.2611650868536
- Lng: 143.096494674683