Great Ocean Road Princetown
Get up early and reward yourself with an incredible 7km walk from Princetown to the 12 Apostles in early morning light. Running from Monday - Friday during school term *excluding public holidays *excluding pupil free days (contact the Visitor Information Centre) the 12Amorning express will transport you from the 12 Apostles car park to Princetown to begin your adventure.
Visitors please note that this bus service will not run after after 16th December 2016 and will recommence on Monday 30th January 2017. Call the Port Campbell Visitor Information Centre for alternatives during this period on 1300 137 255
It's simple and it's free stay overnight in the area - Park your car at the 12 Apostles car park and be ready to board the express @7.30am (at the V-Line bus stop near the entrance to the car park) hop off the bus in Princetown and begin your journey.
Bus pick up time 7.30am at the V-Line bus stop at the entrance to the 12 Apostles Car Park
Bus drop off time @ Princetown 7.40am
The walk is 7km on a combination of boardwalk, crushed gravel, steps and rubber tiles and is graded as moderate allow between 1.5 and 3hrs to complete your journey. Take advantage of well positioned seats to catch your breath and amazing views.
Look out for kangaroos and birdlife from the viewing platform near the start of the walk and across the wetland boardwalk.
Walker safety tips and responsible visitation
- Take nothing but photos leave nothing but footprints (no bins on route)
- Please note that there are no toilets between Princetown and the 12 Apostles
- Stick to main path for safety and to preserve the sensitive cliff-top ecology
- Access to beach at Gibson Steps is not possible in all sea and tide conditions
- Walkers are advised to carry water, snacks, sunscreen a small First Aid Kit and appropriate clothing for changing weather conditions
- Walkers are advised that Mobile phone reception is poor along the walk.
- Bookings are required for groups of 8 or more contact 1300 137 255
Take advantage of early morning light to capture unique perspectives along the way.
Post your best shots #12Amorningxpress @12Amorningxpress to be featured on Instagram
Want to access more spectacular locations along the spectacular (106km) Great Ocean Walk? Want a guided, group or customised itinerary?
Timboon Taxis 0438 407 777
Port Campbell Touring Company 0447 986 423
Popes Buslines 03 5598 3031