About the listing
Find your own space on this crystal clear volcanic lake on the southern outskirts of town. Bullen Merri`s clover like shape is a legacy of its volcanic past; the lake was formed from the remains of three adjoining craters. Dark volcanic sands frame the beautiful waterway providing a wonderful venue for picnicking, walking, boating, fishing, water skiing and swimming. Visit on the weekends for a hive of local activity or take some time out midweek to listen to the lapping of waves on her ancient shores.
- Trail Length: 3.5km one way 7.0km return (South Beach to Park Lane)
- Time: 1 - 3 hours
- Accessible parking at South Beach
- Fully Accessible toilets located at South Beach Reserve
- Accessible fishing platform for those wanting to cast a line
- Narrow gravel road that is suitable on wheel and foot, some vehicle access.
- No footpath between Park Lane at the northern end and the Botanical Gardens – pedestrians take care
Dogs are permitted on leashes, click here for more information.
Lake Bullen Merri - South Beach
Cnr Woodlands and Naroghid Road, Naroghid Vic 3266 View map